Sunday, November 11, 2007

B and O Lionel freight express


This rainy weekend was very suitable for playing with Lionel toy trains. With the help of a tripod and a little natural sun light I was finally able to produce a reasonable video.

On the photo and for those with sharp eyes also on the video is the new orange AC-2 covered hopper from DT&I. It arrived this week. This club car from the TCA-MG forum is for blended sand only and was specially produced by Weaver models. It is amazingly detailed and has die-cast trucks and springs. It is still a light weight car. It states that is for 031 curves, but it runs perfectly on my 027 layout as well. The hopper is precisely 1:48 scale, so up to now I have only run it with the few 0 scale cars that I have. But the mismatch with Lionel cars that are a fraction smaller is only minimal, so I think it will run with some more trains soon.

2 comments:

Francesco Villani said...

Wow Eggo, amazing video !!! and amazing car too :-) i love the raining days... when weather change, i love do go on station and listening all sound... train with rain is something of magic :-)

francesco

lionel lines fan said...

Hello Francesco,

Thanks for your kind words. The video is a humble first begin.
Yes, Weaver is nicer than I had imagined. BTW, there was too much rain here to leave the house, so, I just played at home.

Greetings
Eggo