Sunday, December 30, 2007

Parade of pre-war Lionel toy trains

Francesco, you asked for it and now you are going to get it. Here is my attempt to make a video of the pre-war Lionel toy trains running around on the little layout. Let's hope you will like it.

I bought railway crossing lights of Lemax at Lemaxworld for the pleasant price of 3.50 Euro / pair and placed one on the layout. Well it still has to be connected properly, but that can be sorted out later. Then I placed the pre-war trains in a queue and let them run by. In order of appearance: 289E, 1688E, 1664E, 259E and 1668E.

Much of the Lemax houses are too fantastic for me. They still would blend in nicely with a Lionel Polar express or Halloween set, but they are too Dickens-like for my taste. Some items, such as railway crossing signs, benches, lanterns, telephone booths can, however, mix in nicely and since these items are available cheaply in Europe, they are welcome on my layout.

14 comments:

Francesco Villani said...

oh eggo... simply WOW !!! is a great video !!! i can finally watch your prewar trains runnig !!! cool video and very cool trains my friend :-)
many thanks

francesco

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!
a great 2008 for you and all !!!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.

Anonymous said...

i easily love your posting type, very helpful,
don't give up and keep writing considering it simply worth to follow it,
impatient to look over much more of your content pieces, have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this link, but unfortunately it seems to be down... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please answer to my post if you do!

I would appreciate if a staff member here at lionellines.blogspot.com could post it.

Thanks,
Peter

lionel lines fan said...

Well, sorry Peter, but the link is correct and it does work on my computer. You might want to try it again.
Greetings
Eggo

Anonymous said...

Hi,

This is a message for the webmaster/admin here at lionellines.blogspot.com.

Can I use some of the information from this blog post right above if I give a link back to your site?

Thanks,
Oliver

lionel lines fan said...

Well Oliver,

I d o not completely understand what you would like to copy, but if you drop me an email message, we can discuss it.

Greetings
Eggo

Anonymous said...

Greetings,

Thanks for sharing this link - but unfortunately it seems to be down? Does anybody here at lionellines.blogspot.com have a mirror or another source?


Cheers,
Charlie

lionel lines fan said...

I am sorry to hear this Charlie.
For some reasons, the loading of blogspot pages are sometimes fast and sometimes slow. It might have to do with internet congestion. Well, I hope you will be able to view it later.

Greetings
Eggo

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Thanks for sharing the link - but unfortunately it seems to be down? Does anybody here at lionellines.blogspot.com have a mirror or another source?


Thanks,
Charlie

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Thanks for sharing this link - but unfortunately it seems to be down? Does anybody here at lionellines.blogspot.com have a mirror or another source?


Cheers,
John

Anonymous said...

То call off the dogs.

Anonymous said...

Hey - I am certainly happy to discover this. great job!

Anonymous said...

Very nice to read such "old" posts!

This topic, like the little that you can see, they feel accompanied us at the beginning