Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Lionel 610 almost finished


Today, I assembled the Lionel 610 passenger car. I gave it new couplers, but for the rest all the old parts have been cleaned and re-used. The car was an utter wreck without a roof when it arrived and it is nice to see it in this condition now. The only things left to do is getting the decals, repainting the roof once more and getting the light sorted out. The interior lighting works, but the lamp does not shine steady, so somewhere the is a loose connection from ground of the lamp to the wheels.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Egbert - thanks so much for your comment in my blog. I'm thinking that rather than O SOME of the trains we rescued from the farm may be old American Flyer S scale.

I'll definitely take pix and measurements, and would love to pick your brain....but won't have the opportunity to touch them until December.

However, I'm adding you to my blogroll, if that's okay.

-- Melissa