Sunday, October 08, 2006

Spray painting the 610 passenger car


After looking at the webpages of Terry Gibbs, I decided that red body, cream windows, black tanks and trucks and a maroon roof would look the best for my 610 passenger car. So, I started of spray painting. I like to apply double layers; first one layer, then drying in a transparent drying box with a Tyvek window in the sun and after 30 minutes another layer and then 3 days of drying. I used to work with a Bagder airbrush set, but I like the large spray gun better. This handles thicker paints that dry faster and smoother. The disadvantage is that the spray can takes more paint and the paint tube is longer and both need to be cleaned intensely afterwards. Anyway, I like the large spray gun better. So, today I finished with red, cream and black. I just have to do the maroon roof. I will wait for the 1722 to be ready for spray painting, so that I can paint two roofs maroon simultaneously.

No comments: