Sunday, April 26, 2015

Painting Paya coach roof tops

It has already been a few weeks since I painted the self-fabricated replacement roof for the Paya 987 Salon coach. Since then the other original paint-chipped roofs looked like crap and I had to step in and do something about it. I reckoned that sanding the roofs smooth would do the trick, but that proved to be a mistake. The old black primer paint is not compatible with modern paint types. So, I could only do one thing. Sand both roofs back to bare metal, prime them with conventional primer paint and then spray white over them. Since it was a lovely sunny day, that is just what I have done.

Now those roofs are much better indeed on the Paya 987 coaches. I placed the Lionel 259E in front of them, since this was the original for the Paya 987 steam engine copy.

Lionel 151 Semaphores
A few weeks ago, I picked up these Lionel 151 semaphores. One operated directly smoothly. The other has a too tight return spring, which caused the signal arm to vibrate. Well that has been sorted and I will wire them tomorrow.
Last weeks I was busy with loads of other things. Like staring at cars and folks that stare towards shiny cars during the AutoRai car show in distant Amsterdam.
Autorai Amsterdam 2015


1 comment:

FRANK103 said...

Hoi Eggo,

Met schuurpapier over de daken en ze dan opnieuw spuiten, voor mij als marklin fan is dat toch wel vloeken in de kerk. Als de wagonnen al waarde hadden, dan is die nu weg. Nu zijn het natuurlijk geen marklin rijtuigen, maar ik had me beperkt tot de wagon met het nieuwe dak.
(Er zijn ook heel veel marklin rijtuigen die nooit enige waarde zullen krijgen, die schilder ik ook zo een andere kleur)

Vriendelijke groet,
Frank