Sunday, September 13, 2026

A new beginning

Last autumn, I disassembled the layout completely. Carefully placed everything in boxes and waited for the move. This summer we progressed so far, that I could commence to rebuild a layout in a different location. The new room has different dimensions and hence, the track plan is also different. I choose to make two layouts. A lower level layout with Lionel 027 curves and a Maerklin AC transformer to run Lionel trains. And a top-level layout of Merkur 625 curves with a self-built AC/DC transformer to run both AC Lionel trains and DC Merkur and ETS trains. The layouts are still in a rudimentary shape and in the coming months, more details will be added.


Additionally, a new Merkur tank engine came along. It lights and puffs as it runs the wide oval.


A new beginning that still requires multiple improvements to make an alive and fully-flegded layout, but the trains run and the further decoration can start.

Not all old-structures fit on the new layout and I still have to pull electrical wires under the table for the lights. But then again, it can only get better in the coming months.


No comments: