Sunday, February 02, 2014

New track for the layout

This Saturday, I went to Blik en Speelgoed to purchase some new Merkur tracks. The new track enabled me to remove the old half inner circle of Hornby-Meccano tracks and get some clean and level tracks in stead.
 Here you can see what I did with the Merkur switches; make a new switch yard.
 Plenty of new clean tracks, I would reckon.
Also the Weaver tank car that never fancied the Lionel 027 radius tracks, can now safely be placed on a side track without derailing it.
 In the middle of the larger table I used some my older Lionel 027 tubular tracks from the eighties to make a small yard.
 Here the Lionel 1668E crosses the temporary bridge.

Shake rattle and roll over new tubular tracks.
The moral of the last months; you can clean old tracks what you want, but you cannot get it level and straight, so in the end you will buy new tracks anyway.

No comments: